Laser Vision Correction With Custom LASIK
Fisher Eye & Laser Center in Naples, Florida
Fisher Eye & Laser Center is dedicated to improving vision for patients in Naples, Florida. Our experienced LASIK surgeons offer custom LASIK laser vision correction surgery to improve nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism.
How Does LASIK Work?
LASIK is a refractive surgery, which means that it changes the way that light is focused in the eye in order to improve vision. LASIK, which stands for Laser In Situ Keratomileusis, is a popular procedure for people who wish to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses. LASIK works to improve vision by utilizing laser technology to reshape the cornea, which is the clear part of the front of the eye.
What Happens During LASIK Surgery?
When you schedule LASIK at Fisher Eye & Laser Center, you will be given time to ask questions and get all the information you need to feel confident going into your procedure. The actual LASIK surgery generally takes less than 15 minutes. Prior to surgery, numbing eye drops will be administered to ensure your comfort. The LASIK surgeon’s first step will be to create a flap in the cornea. Advanced lasers are then used to precisely reshape the cornea in order to improve vision. The corneal flap, which will heal without any need for stitches, will be put back in place.
LASIK requires minimal recovery time, although you should plan to rest the entire day of your procedure. Once the anesthetic numbing drops wear off, you may experience mild irritation. This is temporary and your doctor may prescribe medication or eye drops to alleviate any discomfort. One of the best parts of LASIK is that you should notice a significant improvement in vision right away! Patients are typically able to resume normal activities a day or two after the procedure. Strenuous activity should be avoided for at least one week, and you will be given guidelines for returning to certain activities such as swimming or contact sports. It is important to follow all guidelines, use eye drops as instructed, and return for follow up appointments to ensure proper results and recovery.
Am I A Candidate For LASIK?
A qualified eye doctor can perform a comprehensive eye exam and discuss your goals and expectations to help you make the best choice for your vision.
You may be a candidate for LASIK if:
- You are at least 18 years old
- Your vision is impaired by nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism
- You would like to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses
The first step toward improving your life with LASIK is to schedule a consultation to determine if LASIK is right for you.
Benefits of Custom All-Laser LASIK
We offer fully custom, all-laser LASIK at Fisher Eye & Laser Center because we are committed to providing our patients with the best vision care possible. The benefits of more advanced LASIK include:
- Increased accuracy and precision
- Treatment for a wider range of vision aberrations
- Ability to offer LASIK treatment to people who may not have been candidates in the past, such as patients with larger pupils
- Reduced chance of side effects such as night-vision disturbances, glare, and halos
- Potential for treating patients with sub-optimal outcomes from previous refractive procedures
Is LASIK a Well Recognized Procedure to Correct Vision Problems?
Any surgery carries some risk. However, according to the American Refractive Surgery Council LASIK has been performed on over 20 million people and complication rates with a qualified provider are less than 1%1. When minor complications, such as dry eye, do occur they are often temporary. During your consultation at Fisher Eye & Laser Center, your LASIK surgeon will review any potential risks so you can make an informed decision.
Why Choose Fisher Eye & Laser for LASIK?
- Experience and Expertise – Our LASIK surgeons are specially trained and highly experienced in vision correction, having performed thousands of refractive surgeries.
- Commitment to Patient Care – We pride ourselves on creating a positive experience and providing each patient with personalized care and pleasant service.
- Advanced Technology – We stay up-to-date with developments in refractive surgery and utilize advanced equipment, including the WaveLight®️ FS200 Femtosecond Laser and the Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Excimer Laser.